Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

need opinions on Rims for my sc

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-03, 04:49 AM
hamid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
what is the difference between these rimz in price???- and how do i go about getting them?...
manaray has me thinking twice about chrome,but i have a black car and nothing compliments a black car more than a set of nice chrome wheels such as those zaubers. do those iforged rimz come chrome?(although i doubt i would want them chrome.,due to the design of the rim- just simply a beautiful rim!)
i mean a cant quote you a price, but they definately arent a normal wheel, i was under the impression that they are very HRE in price..... look into it, i just did a quick search on google, and froogle, and found nothing regaurding price...

Hamid
Old 11-26-03, 06:07 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

deron, you can hit up gs4will for your wheel needs.
Old 11-26-03, 08:10 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wow!! Lot's of EGO Thrashing

Whew! What a thread! Interesting how much passion goes into a thread when status and quality and ego are being tossed and sometimes bruised...

I am only even piping in to say that I think it is important to remember that at the end of the day, no matter what any of us has, or has spent, our true measure is really based upon our own integrity, or lack there of. Things are simply things, nothing more. All things have value, and each has to determine that for themselves. For some it is Bling, others, not. Each decides and goes about life.

Quality is important, so is price. Each has to decide what best fits and go from there.

Now, as far as Manaray goes, all my dealings with him have been of the highest caliber, and he has never charged me for one of his great assets- his time and experience. Thanks to you Manaray for your opinions, and time!!

For the rest of the CL members, I understand your points too. In the end, each of us makes his or her decision and then lives with it. No one has to accept Manaray's opinion, choice....isn't it great to have choice

Now maybe none of you care, but here is my opinion:
1.Choose the best value and the highest quality that you can afford at the time of purchase.
2.If you want more quality than you can afford, wait, and save, your time will come.
3.Remember, beauty is in your eyes when it has to do with your choices. Who cares what others think?
4.To spend money on mods for any car, irregardless of age, make or model, is financially, a poor decision, if you're concerned about a return on investment. Whether we own a 10 year old Lexus, or a brand new one, or any other model, when we sell the car, it will still sell for whatever the given market value is in our respective areas. Most mods will not bring much more value to the car- if any, and sometimes make the car harder to sell, especially if asking for more money.
5.If planning to sell the car, IMO, make the mods removeable, so they can go to the next car, or you can at least sell them as separate items, and get some of your money back.
6.If you really want to be financially wise- DO NOT PUT YOUR MONEY INTO CARS. THEY, AS A WHOLE, NEVER APPRECIATE,(FEW EXCEPTIONS), AND REALLY ARE A MONEY PIT. CARS HAVE MUCH MORE TO DO WITH EGO AND STATUS THAN JUST TRANSPORTATION. THAT IS OUR NATURE.
7.Best thing to do with your money, IMO- make wise and sound investments. Watch your money grow. When you are older, you can live comfortably, and even enjoy the Bling, Bling!!

Manaray, just another note, I searched and searched for the wheels I have on my SC, and almost gave up. They are no longer available in the US, but much available in other parts of the world. Do you know the story on the brand- ALTSTADT? That is where I got my user name from. I love the quality and the style.

Peace.

Ryan
Old 11-26-03, 08:17 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Forgot to mention...

BTW, I have on my car a set of Altstadt Type 1 two piece, forged aluminum wheels. 18x8.5 in front, and 18x9.5 in the rear. I am truly satisfied with them. I love the way they perform, hold up, and look. They are a split 5 spoke design. The centers are chrome with polished lips.

Ryan
Old 11-28-03, 09:16 AM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Well Said Altstadt...
Old 11-28-03, 10:14 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Thanks!!!!!!!!!