Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Knock off vossens???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 10:11 AM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Knock off vossens???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-INFINITI-...758777&vxp=mtr
Attached Thumbnails Knock off vossens???-t2ec16n-zee9s3-wpvbbqyk0mkk5-60_12.jpg  
Old 03-06-13, 12:35 AM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Man that really sucks. I don't see the point at all. Someone can get new vossens for $500-600 more. More importantly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying a budget friendly wheel whatever the product is as long as you like it and it's safe to run. Being an absolute wheel snob is kind of immature imho.

If it looks good, then it looks good. However, that said, buying something that is a straight up knock off of another wheel is a joke to me. When these wheels start chipping and peeling in 6 months, the person who bought them will be pissed, but what did you expect.

You see replicas where clearly they took the design but there are some differences. This wheel looks exactly the same...come on!
Old 03-06-13, 08:24 AM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Asav. I use to by amg reps all the time. They start to peel after a couple of months. And they are a itch to return for a new pair. Need 4 Speed has actually featured plenty of Vossen wheels.
Old 03-06-13, 09:57 AM
OEMconcept
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like the Vossen's and are looking to save a few bucks, have a look at the Avant Garde M550. However, they're only available in Satin Gunmetal.

Old 03-13-13, 08:08 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well thats how we knew we were on to something good, when the knock-offs, copies, imitations came. Not just our wheels, our marketing style, our music, down to our font, our warranty, our videos, our photography, our methods etc.. Its pretty sad people cannot come up with their own way and they need to blatantly steal and copy and to think some people are supportive of these companies. Then no credit is given to the originals.

We are working harder to protect ourselves and we are also talking to other reputable brands so the consumer is aware of what is real and what is fake. So much energy and innovation goes into class leading wheels only for them to be blatantly ripped off and copied without the engineering and processes.
Old 03-17-13, 07:25 AM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

DC wheels have the same thing also
Old 03-17-13, 12:37 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

It's crazy how they've got replicas of most of the popular wheels out now. Vossens are pretty hot rght now so it doesn't surprise me to see replicas now.
Old 04-01-13, 06:23 PM
bootnylee
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they look good for a replica. I Cannot afford vossen wheels and a lot of people have them so I'm going cheap

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-08-13, 05:43 AM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Mark my word, you're gonna be pissed as S#(T when you buy these and the finish starts peeling on you. I don't hate on anyone's choices, but i just cannot wrap my head around buying a wheel that looks exactly like another one to save $600.00. Get the real wheel. I don't have vossens personally, but if they are offering a 5 year warranty on finish, for the exact same style of wheel, then think of it like it pays for itself.

With the copy cat wheels, you will outlay that cash anyway to fix/refinish when they pit, peel or bend. I'm saying this as someone who has owned a broad spectrum of wheels before...Works, Axis, Ace Alloy, etc. You can find a good lower priced or mid range wheel that looks unique.

I
Old 04-08-13, 08:16 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Our warranty covers the structural aspects of the wheel too, and we'll replace or refinish a wheel if a defect arises at no cost to the customer. So while our product may be more expensive up front, it's more of a pay-it-forward mentality that you're covered, rather than paying less for knock-offs and paying more to fix/replace them down the road.
Old 04-08-13, 02:01 PM
Lexusfam
Pole Position

This is just sad. Who ever buys knockoffs of vossen is a straight up dumass. I can understand buying knockoffs(I personally wouldn't though) of 3 piece wheels because they're expensive but vossens aren't that expensive to begin with.
Old 04-15-13, 05:08 AM
bootnylee
Driver

I'm not buying knock offs. I know they are great wheels I just don't want to spend that kind of money. and like I said too many people have them..

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android