Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Will wheels & lug nuts from Mistu Evo X fit an IS250 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 06:35 PM
JETLEX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Will wheels & lug nuts from Mistu Evo X fit an IS250 ?

Will wheels & lug nuts from Mistu Evo X fit an IS250 ?

I'm trying to find a cheap set of wheels tires to experiment putting a square setup on my car. I think that the wheels from an Evo X have good fitment possibilities as far as width and offset.
What I'm most concerned about is the lug nuts - I was told I would need the factory lugs with the wheels, but am not sure about the thread pitch etc.

Anybody else tried this or have any experience with Mitsubishi or EVO wheels?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-05-13, 06:53 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thread pitch for Mitsubishi's and Lexus are the same, 12x1.5

You have to have either stock Mitsu lugs or aftermarket lugs that work with the Mitsu wheels if this is to work properly, the factory Toyota lugs generally won't work with anything other than OEM toyota wheels...

Mitsubishi hub bore is 67.1mm and Toyota is 60.1mm for most vehicles, and does pertain in this case, so, those wheels will work fine on your IS, provided tire fitment and everything else is ok...
Old 03-07-13, 10:15 AM
JETLEX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Thread pitch for Mitsubishi's and Lexus are the same, 12x1.5

You have to have either stock Mitsu lugs or aftermarket lugs that work with the Mitsu wheels if this is to work properly, the factory Toyota lugs generally won't work with anything other than OEM toyota wheels...

Mitsubishi hub bore is 67.1mm and Toyota is 60.1mm for most vehicles, and does pertain in this case, so, those wheels will work fine on your IS, provided tire fitment and everything else is ok...
Thanks, mitsuguy!

I don't think the wheels will match the looks of the IS very well, but I might just try them out if I can find a set cheap enough. The ones I was looking at were silver colored - I thought Mitsu made some black ones as well, but haven't had time to do more research.

I believe the specs for the wheels are 18 x 8.5 with a 38 offset.

I want to find a way to balance the handling of the car - right now, the front end washes out in low speed corners. Switching to the EVO wheels, I might be able to fit 235 / 40 / 18 tires at each corner, at least that's my guess - searching the forms hasn't turned up much.