Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Giovanna wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-03, 07:55 AM
tommie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Giovanna wheels

I was wondering if my fellow club CL members know about giovanna wheels as a good wheel company? how's the quality ?li coz I have a really nice offer on the table for a new giovanna wheel but I don't know if I should get it, coz I don't know how well they are made ......thanks in advanced
Old 02-08-03, 10:49 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

Alot of people might say no dont get them, get some quality Japan made wheels or something, but I have seen some Giovanna wheels that look nice and Ive known people that have some Gio's and they dont have problems with them.. If you get anything dont get the G racing line from Gio, those are mostly knock offs of other "racing" wheels. The Gio chome line are mostly orignal design wheels from themselves. If the price is right for you and its a good deal and you like them maybe you should go for it.

Last edited by Din; 02-08-03 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-08-03, 11:25 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is original?

I bought knockoff's before without knowing any better. If you know they are knockoff and lower quality why buy them? I could see if you already had them without knowing but you know now so keep looking!

For what you would pay for some of this junk, you can get some real nice top quality wheels that are real 2-3pc. We have a lot of knowledgeable people on here that can help you, and some great vendors who can make sure your taken care of.
Attached Thumbnails Giovanna wheels-corsica.jpg  

Last edited by jpa2400; 02-08-03 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-08-03, 11:27 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Speaking of giovanna and knockoff's, that that one wheel on their homepage a knockoff of the Auto Couture wheel?

http://www.giovannawheels.com/
Old 02-08-03, 11:37 AM
sirsomo
Pole Position

Ive never had giovannas, they seem to be alright in quality, probably have some chrome and weight issues if I had to guess. The guys are trying to say that you could spend a little bit more and get a good wheel, (have you checked out the prices from CL wheel vendors?)

I dont know about the AC, but one of those resembles an axis wheel and the second from the right definatley resembles a Breyton.
Old 02-08-03, 12:09 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

I dont recall me saying anything about them not making knockoffs.... and like i said in mypost if you are getting a really good deal then maybe you should go for it. Again people are gonna tell you other wise like I said about getting JDM wheels etc etc...

Last edited by Din; 02-08-03 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-08-03, 12:26 PM
tommie
Driver

the rim is brand new for 03 and I already see a knockoff of it by a company called zenetti or it could be the other way around
Old 02-08-03, 12:36 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

"Again people are gonna tell you other wise like I said about getting JDM wheels etc etc..."

No, some people are all for JDM everything, but you don't have to get JDM. This has nothing to do with JDM wheels. If your spending your hard earned cash, you may as well get a top quality wheel. Your saying you want to spend thousands on a wheel that has look a like bolts, bolts that you have to pound in with a mallet if one falls out? Or you could spend a tad bit more and get the real deal wheel.

Also about your JDM comment, a lot of people are for JDM stuff since with the right importer and exchange rate, you can acquire some VERY nice wheels at great prices. Didn't someone just bring up the issue of buying Maya's in the US vs. buying trafficstars? I think it was a bundle you could save.

What wheel are you talking about from Giovanna and Zenetti?

Last edited by jpa2400; 02-08-03 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-08-03, 12:56 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

again I said if they price is right for the Gio's why not condier gettin them. Does anyone saying bad things about Giovanna ever had a set or know anyone that has a set? How do you know there are bad or not made well? The new Giovanna line of chrome wheels dont look that bad to me, alot of people dont like the spinning Davins, I would put them on my car if I had the money to buy them.
Old 02-08-03, 02:24 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

I have a set of gio's on my car and Ive had them for 3 years, and this is my impresion, the rims are well built, Ive hit many pot holes where I thought my rims broke and suprisingly the held up well, as for the chrome it looks awsome when you first get them but after a year I noticed that its not as shiney as it used to be. I would buy them again but not for the same price $3000, I would look for something better
Old 02-08-03, 02:28 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

i don't like giovanna for the bling image they try so hard to portray, or for the image many of their customers for that matter. a few do look nice, but none on that "home page" of theirs. regardless, if you really like one, skip opinions and get it. if you're just pondering, try to look elsewhere. read this forum and you'll find great examples of good rims that don't cost too much
Old 02-08-03, 04:14 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by biggie27
as for the chrome it looks awsome when you first get them but after a year I noticed that its not as shiney as it used to be.
Yeah I was going to say that their chrome isn't good.. After alittle bit of time they will chip/peel and fade...
Old 02-08-03, 04:53 PM
tommie
Driver

So I guess I should stay away from the gio's? I had anversation with the guy from wheel experts a little time ago and he said I could buy autocouture magnifique's staggered .but he also told me that they was his last set ,then I looked on the website and he has a set that says they fit the S class benz so my question to my CL members is does the GS and the S class have the same lug pattern ?
Old 02-08-03, 05:49 PM
LexFather

MANARAY!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-03, 09:51 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hehehe...ah, Giovanna...they are, for the most part, a knock-off company. A LOT of thier wheels are knock-offs (they also make the super cheezy "G-Racing" line of pure knock-offs).

Now they do have SOME original designs. As for quality, they're just mediocre cast wheels. Nothing special. The price that you normally see they sell for is WAY inflated for what they are...and they are HEAVY AS HELL....

Before you guys buy wheels (especially 20's and 19's...) wait a couple of weeks and you'll see some new shoes on my car....something of excellent quality...

Last edited by Manaray; 02-08-03 at 09:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Giovanna wheels