Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Work Equip Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-03, 02:53 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is worth it

hm.. can't wait to see mike's latest upgrade ^_^
Old 02-10-03, 08:36 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I'd rule out a HRE wheel, because Manaray is telling people to hold off on purchasing wheels till he unveils whatever he has up his sleeve.. And he knows alot of people here don't have HRE money for wheels.. But your killing us.. Esp me.. I just bought freaking rims.... You guys stink...
Old 02-10-03, 06:05 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Mikeswing,
If you are really interested in the Equips, PM me. Do you want a brand new set or will a used set with Potenza S-O3's do?

hi98gs
Old 02-11-03, 02:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
Manaray, I mean that everytime I have a wheel picked out you always come and post up some insane new wheel or something that makes me think twice about the wheel I already chose......its torture!!! but, seriously....post them up when you get the pics
Sorry to torture you bro, but it will be worth it...no pain, no gain!

Ok...I will give up some more info...here's the deal...these wheels are not going to be some "crazy *** shiat"...no Davins or wheels with blinking lights (you guys know better!)....the GS and SC are getting simple, clean wheels (two different styles). I'm going to get the same finish on both (brushed aluminum with high polished lips). Both are CLEAN and simple.

Actually, the ones going on my GS will be consider maybe "too plain" by most folks like the Work Equips are "plain" (no crazy *** fancy design)...you know me, I'm not into "overly flashy" stuff...I mean look at my current wheels...what they will be are FORGED wheels. And they are going to be LIGHT (for 20's...and remember, a LOT of the weight comes from the tires...)

Some people may like them, some may not...but what matters is that I like them and they are quality. Now the topper is that they are AFFORDABLE. Yes you heard right, I said AFFORDABLE. Through our vendors (like Wheel Experts who will be able to take orders as soon as I get 'em... ), you should be able to some 20's on your GS (or other Lexus) for the same price as many other "common" 20" wheels but with all the quality of a much more expensive wheels.

Another hint...multi-piece wheel with no bolts....

We are currently working on a COMPLETELY CUSTOM offset setup for the GS right now (and the SC) I mean COMPLETELY...not just "yeah, this offset will work" but taking it to the EXTREME w/o having to do any mods like fender rolling/cutting, etc...maybe even a custom center cap to get more lip (yes, these will be "one offs" for now but what we're going to learn from my setups will be applied towards future wheel orders...)

Well I'm done hijacking this thread already....should have the wheels this month...

Keep an eye out in the Wheels Forum...I will most like be posting pictures of just the wheels and maybe a quick shot or two of them on my car (unless we have some nice weather)...then I'll take some "beauty" shots later...the wheels on my SC won't be shown on the car until the SC is done (should be in mid March)

Worth the wait....well, that is if you want quality at a excellent price...now if you have your heart set on a set of chrome LD-1 knock-offs or some Lexanis...forget about it...these wheels will not excite you...

Last edited by Manaray; 02-11-03 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-03-03, 06:06 AM
ADAM P
Lead Lap

i was just looking through some posts and ran back across this one. i found a set of wheels that are damn close to the equips. check out bonspeed wheels intense 5's i believe. i love the equips but they are kinda pricy and impossible to find used.

what ever happened to the wheel experts secret wheels?
Old 04-03-03, 06:07 AM
ADAM P
Lead Lap

http://www.skperformance.com/WHEELS/...se-5_small.jpg
Old 04-03-03, 08:40 AM
mr who
Lead Lap

Those wheels look nothing like WORK Equip's. To my knowledge, there is no wheel/knock off that comes close to the look of the Equip.
Old 04-03-03, 09:06 AM
ADAM P
Lead Lap

they have the smae basic outline/shape. find something else that looks closer
Old 04-03-03, 02:57 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

mike

its the first week of april, and still waiting for your finished sc
Old 04-03-03, 03:53 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mr who
Those wheels look nothing like WORK Equip's. To my knowledge, there is no wheel/knock off that comes close to the look of the Equip.
i agree with you. the design doesn't seem that unique, but there isn't much out there that is actually similar.

adam, the spokes on your suggestion are too straight, instead of tapered, and its not 3-piece most importantly.
Old 04-04-03, 01:09 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's nearly done...check out the preview threads....

As for my wheels...soon enough...soon enough...we have been experimenting with some different finishes...
Old 04-04-03, 03:07 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally posted by Manaray
It's nearly done...check out the preview threads....

As for my wheels...soon enough...soon enough...we have been experimenting with some different finishes...
Hey Manaray, where are the preview threads? I want to see .......................................
Old 04-04-03, 08:11 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sniff~~~ I think I smell iForge........
Old 04-04-03, 01:55 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why not go for these?
Attached Thumbnails Work Equip Wheels-aero.jpg  
Old 04-05-03, 08:34 AM