Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Lowenhart is a knock off of Bersaglio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-03, 01:17 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you got it. All you need is a little exposure and change the name to something foreign sounding and hyke the price and us Americans will eat it up .
Old 02-20-03, 01:23 AM
slowlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why doesn't BMW and Mercedes do this?
Old 02-20-03, 01:54 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

In a way they have. Mercedes is brought back Maybach and BMW bought Rolls Royce. They needed a niche in high expensice autos. Hell half of the people whoe look at them don't even know who owns them. I still bump into people who don't know that Ford owns Range Rover. They new people will buy anything if you have the right people saying it's the best. Who says it's the best? I know these cars have just everything but the hole purpose of an automobile is to get you from point A to point B with the least amount of worries. Try getting a Rolls or a Maybach serviced in 5 years when the warranty runs out. Ouch. We as people have come to the conclusion that these autos are superior to others. Because the marketing section of a company told us so. So we bought into it. Don't get me wrong these are exceptional autos and need to be respected but we must remember they are just autos. I would love to have either one of them, but it would be smarter to get a S600 or LS430 or 760IL.
Old 02-20-03, 12:02 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I know its not related, but you guys are absolutely correct!! I once had someone scream and get mad at me because I told them to save the money they were scraping together for a Navigator, and get a Expedition!! "The Navi is totally different, just look at the front" he told me!!

America period is image driven, thats why I dont think cars like the Phaeton and Touareg will sell. I have 80,000 to spend, let me see......M/B, BMW, Jaguar, ahhhh how 'bout that VOLKSWAGEN!!!

Its a shame, we miss out on so many good things.

BTW-I had NO IDEA Lowenhardt was a JDM Company! I bet alot of people dont!
Old 02-20-03, 12:41 PM
slowlex

I'm going to rename the chevy camaro and call it the alanteh. Sell it in Japan as Alanteh. Make Billions.
Old 02-20-03, 04:34 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Call Cadillac, maybe they'll entertain that!
Old 02-20-03, 04:36 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Work: makes work wheels+many of the Hart wheels(the expensive ones)+L-sportlines+Bersaglio wheels...

some of the Lowenhart is avail and sold in japan as "Lowenharts".

BUT, some of the Lowenharts(ie BR5s) that we know here are sold as Bersaglio in japan..yes, kind of confusing...:eek:

DAZZ- they started out as a retailer in CA. now they are the importer and distributor for many if not all of the HART wheels..AND they "re-badge" many of the JDM wheels
Old 02-22-03, 03:57 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
America period is image driven, thats why I dont think cars like the Phaeton and Touareg will sell. I have 80,000 to spend, let me see......M/B, BMW, Jaguar, ahhhh how 'bout that VOLKSWAGEN!!!
Off topic but I definitely agree with you. I don't know what the hell VW is thinking....they are basically trying to kill Audi IMO...dunno why...
Old 02-22-03, 12:26 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Manaray- for the life of me, I can not figure out what VAG marketing Director approved this new model roll out! In the latest C/D, there is a small pic of a AUDI dereivative of the Cayenne/Touareg platform. So now we will essentially have 3 SUVs competing for the same market share (within a 10-15,000 dollar range!!)

Think about it, that would be like Toyota introducing a 45,000 dollar Avalon!!!!
Old 02-25-03, 11:52 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by slowlex
oh...that makes sense.....americanizing the product....Why the whole "Lowenhart" German name with Lion logo.

its pure jdm.
no kidding, huh? even the two dots and all.

at least they got rid of that ugly lion, i wouldn't have bought lowenharts with that on there...its just so ugly.