Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

New lug nuts with Lowenhart LD1's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-03, 12:55 PM
brianb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New lug nuts with Lowenhart LD1's?

I have recently bought some 20" LD1's to put on my GS 400.
Will the stock lug nuts fit?

I will also need some wheel locks. Gorilla brand and model? I am looking for a short wheel lock (makes it harder for thief to break off).
Any issues I should pay attention to concearning this.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-26-03, 01:56 PM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

Did you get the lugs i sent you the locks you will need are gorilla locks 12x1.5 acorn style.
Old 02-26-03, 02:00 PM
brianb
Rookie

oopps. I have only looked at 1 so far. All they all in one box?
I am going to call you.
Old 02-27-03, 12:12 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on jdm wheels with center caps, i suggest short, open ended acorn style, 12x1.5 sizes..

regular 12x1.5 might be too tall when you try to cover the caps
Old 02-27-03, 08:50 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

I put gorilla locks on all 20 of my wheels....if you want my wheels you gotta take my car!!!!!

"D"
Old 02-27-03, 09:03 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally posted by dagr8tsthustla
..if you want my wheels you gotta take my car!!!!!"D"
Isn't that the Modus Operandi these days anyway? I don't have locks because I think that they are more trouble than they are worth. You are more likely to have your car stolen or jacked than you are to find it on blocks with the wheels taken off. IMHO.

Last edited by KayGee; 02-27-03 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-27-03, 10:11 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by KayGee
Isn't that the Modus Operandi these days anyway? I don't have locks because I think that they are more trouble than they are worth. You are more likely to have your car stolen or jacked than you are to find it on blocks with the wheels taken off. IMHO.
Well I used to think like that before..but after getting my car broken into twice...I just say the hell with it...they normally take the wheels...go into the trunk and cabin to desecrate everything you have in the car and then leave you with NOTHING!! Then the pain is calling up the insurance company to tell them that the care is on bricks and that they need to replace all the things you had on the car (somethings they just won't) and finally when you get everthing you had on the car again....it just doesn't feel the same I can't stand that feeling..you just feel so violated!!!! anyways that's just my opinion.

Danny
Old 02-27-03, 12:52 PM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally posted by dagr8tsthustla
Well I used to think like that before..but after getting my car broken into twice...I just say the hell with it...they normally take the wheels...go into the trunk and cabin to desecrate everything you have in the car and then leave you with NOTHING!! Then the pain is calling up the insurance company to tell them that the care is on bricks and that they need to replace all the things you had on the car (somethings they just won't) and finally when you get everthing you had on the car again....it just doesn't feel the same I can't stand that feeling..you just feel so violated!!!! anyways that's just my opinion.

Danny
How will lug locks stop them from going into your trunk and cabin?
Old 02-27-03, 03:57 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by KayGee
How will lug locks stop them from going into your trunk and cabin?
It won't stop them from going into your canin and trunk...I was adding that in there to the rest of the misery I went through....actually..the first time they broke into my car they took my wheels, system incl. headunit and changer, cd's, and intake...second time (not in the same state) I had all lugs as locks and they only took my box and amp. Like I said it;s just my opinion. Everyone may feel differently....If they take my car...in NYC....9 out of 10 times you won't get it back and my insurance co. will give me a check to get another one and start all over. I might sound stupid...but I just don't like the feeling of having my car nearly stripped and putting it back together piece by piece.

just my .02

Danny