Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Can You Believe This "ish"

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-03, 01:00 PM
tommie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Can You Believe This "ish"

CL listen to this, so I finally decide on what rims to buy for my GS after 5 months of pondering.
so I tell the guy at the shop to order the rims and tires with the whole package deal(locks,mounting,etc).
so I tell the guy to have them there next day anyway the come the next night missing a center cap and wheel locks okay the guy tells me that the cap and locks will be ther the next day fine so I call the shop the next day and nothing comes now I'm pissed so the guy says defenitely the next day so as I thought nothing anyway it took almost a week to get the (CAP) no locks yet so the guy sends me to another rim shop he's not even affiliated with to buy my own wheel locks "oh yeah and center rims" the guy now has to reimburst my money for the locks and center rims

NOW here's the good part I was asking the guy at the rim shop all the time about off sets and I did not want the rims to rub and all the time he's telling me that the rims are just perfect for the GS and that they will defenitely not rub and the off set is perfect so I say order them anyway I put the rims on my GS
and the rims are rubbing like crazy so I call the guy and tell him and he's telling me that he has to call some guy to se what he can do like wave a magic wand and it will fix my issue

IT'S NOT OVER now i'm driving into my driveway and I hear this weird sound so I get out and look and my right front fender is messed up so I call the guy and he's like get a estimate so I get one and now all of a sudden he has to talk to his "DADDY" coz he never had this happen I tried calling his store and his cell# but no answer.....WHAT SHOULD I DUE ?.....SUE THE GUY OR WHAT
Old 03-08-03, 01:47 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch!!! that doesn't sound too good. I wonder since we have so many nice connect here in the CL, why aren't you guys utilize it? I am not trying to blame you, it is kind of mess up for them to do this to you. See if you can ask them to pay for all the damage and exchange to a new set of wheel with the right off set. Good luck!
Old 03-08-03, 02:17 PM
tommie
Driver

Yeah I know I should have ordered from a CL vendor but the price was a decent price and I did'nt have to pay extra for shipping
Old 03-08-03, 02:23 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I would give him until Wednesday to start making good on this problem that way you can give 3 business days to get everything in order. If by Thursday, you're not convinced things are going to work out 100% for you the contact the Better Business Bureau. If that doesn't bring around any results then you should contact an attorney. With most businesses, just the threat of a lawsuit is enough to get things rolling. Good luck
Old 03-08-03, 02:27 PM
tommie
Driver

Thanks but I really do'nt want to sue this guy but if I had to I will.

Old 03-08-03, 02:40 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Like I said the threat of a lawsuit is enough to make 90% of these people jump into action. I've actually done it for people. Looked up the state statues on the internet and called. Told them I'm a junior partner at a firm here in town and I had been retained in order to rectify the situation. If that meant going to court, so be it. Managers and owners hate hearing from attorneys. It would probably be more expensive for him to hire an attorney than fix the problem so he'll jump right to it I bet.
Old 03-08-03, 03:57 PM
tommie
Driver

I just hope this guy is going to stand behind his buisness and do the right thing.
coz I really hate courts but like I said before if I have to then so be it.
Old 03-08-03, 06:37 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

I just can't believe there are people like this in this business. It's such a comptitive in the aftermarket part environment. Not to mention lots of business will come from referral. I guess those people just don't care. Very very unfortunate.
Old 03-08-03, 06:52 PM
FilBoiLsGs
Driver

Default Too Bad Indeed!

Tommie,

What you have told us is one among the many horrendous reasons why I am VERY,VERY cautious in dealing with any shop out there to modify my Lexus.I just can't afford them doing experiment in my $50K car for heaven sake.If only could Lexus have a department ( a la carte) that handle all this modifications, then I might jump with them with a peace of mind while they swipe my plastic card.I know this is a sad story to you...run around...inconvenience...and lawsuit...You are looking to spend to much time,money and effort because of their negligence.Maybe, I'm just pathetic (?) since I just want Lexus to do my modification,and thats the reason why if ever I get my bodykit Lexus will do painting job...LOL I am very meticulous when it comes to my car, so the paint should be perfect match and mechanical should be TRD
My GS is already 5 yrs old and NEVER been in any accident NOR fender bender.I can't just imagine if a certain shop mess up with its color or front end...Well....DO Whatever You Need To Do...including slapping them with cash and a lawsuit!!!!!....
Old 03-08-03, 09:17 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Damn Tommie, that really sucks.. Many, Many places out here by us don't know the first thing about offsets and clearance issues.. They just get a rim and slap it on and pray that they don't look like a jack@***... And in your case he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and should learn a thing or two.. You know c'mon now he's supposedly a professional and should know what he does. Sorry about your mishap.. Try to get what you can from them and bring your business elsewhere...
Old 03-09-03, 03:20 PM
tommie
Driver

I really appreciate all the feedback with regards to my situation and I'm really hoping to get this matter resolved a.s.a.p, I will defenitely keep everyone up to speed.

OH I FORGOT TO MENTION ..that the guy whose shop i'm having problems with is a CL member and he also frequents this site I really want to put this guy on blast and ruin his buisness but i'll wait and see if this guy does the right thing if not then i'll have to brek out the old BLACKBALL and give the stores info and what the members name is. let's just hope it works out
Old 03-09-03, 03:38 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Tommie, it might be a good idea for you to do that anyway, so no other CL members run into the same problem that you had.. And to just give everyone the heads up....
Old 03-09-03, 03:59 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Default did you pay with a credit card?

If so, call your credit card company - they may have a dispute resolution process that will help you get satisfaction if this vendor won't cooperate.

Last edited by strongsail; 03-09-03 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-09-03, 04:08 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

"so no other CL members run into the same problem that you had"

I agree. That's the best part of being on here, if you ask around you will learn exactly what product to order so it correctly fits your car and who is the right person to order it from so you don't get screwed or jackup your car.
Old 03-10-03, 04:55 AM
tommie
Driver

No I did'nt pay with a credit card I paid the guy in cash .and it sucks soz I already had some rims from last lear and I sold them so I could buy new ones. I wish now I would have kept them.

Quick Reply: Can You Believe This "ish"