Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I cant believe this stuff!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-03, 08:54 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I cant believe this stuff!!!

This is just the kind of luck I have been having recently. I sent my HRE's out to be re finished over the winter. I had a well known local shop re polish the lips for me, and I sent out the centers to be re chromed. I got the faces back, looked great! The lips were polished, looked amazing! Got my new tires in yesterday, S03's, and dropped them off to finish up the project. The shop calls me today, my wheels are finally ready. So of course I have to run over and pick them up, and get them on the car asap. I went home and put them on the car. I was putting the last one on the car when I happened to look at the offsets, serial #,s, etc, that HRE puts on the back of the face, when I noticed the serial # on the rear wheel started with an "F". Hmmmm, what could the "F" stand for, thats right, "FRONT"!!! These doggone idiots put my front faces on the rear lips, and my rears on the front lips!!! What a way to come down off the high of getting my rims back and ready to go on my newly kitted car.

edit-Language...TTurboPimp, I understand your consternation, but you must make your point without profanity. Your posts have been edited before and you've been warned before. Your membership is at risk.
Here's the rules: https://www.clublexus.com/article/ar...ew/2160/1/126/

"Any profanity that cannot readily be heard on prime time network television will not be tolerated anywhere on the ClubLexus site. Members who violate the rule will be warned either in public or in private, and a second time will result in suspension."

Last edited by Daddy-O; 04-24-03 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-24-03, 10:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh man, sorry to hear that..... but that's so funny, hahhaa..... so what? now you have high disk setup in the back? hahah
Old 04-25-03, 06:23 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Moderators, I apologize for my strong language, I was just slightly upset at the time which led me to be animated. On the positive side, at least it wasnt directed towards anyone on CL.

rominl, yeah man, its crazy isnt it. I couldnt believe it, I had to look at it like 10 times to be sure I was reading it correctly. I would have been mad no matter what, but the fact that I was putting the last one on the car before I noticed it really took me over the edge(my neighbors must have thought I lost my mind, temper tantrum). Oh well, I geuss I will be taking them back this morning to get it done correctly, maybe they will kick me some $$$ back for my troubles.

On the bright side, they looked amazing.
Old 04-25-03, 09:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah definitely ask for some compensation. rims aren't light!
Old 04-25-03, 01:49 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, that's gotta be a pita and then some. to completely goof something like that....
Old 04-25-03, 08:36 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

No doubt, it was definitely a pita!! The whole process itslef was a pain, take wheels to one place to have them broken down and lips polished, send the centers to Cali to get re chromed, take the centers back to the original place to have them put back together, drive a half hour each way, go through the whole process of putting the wheels on the car, then realize they made a mistake. It sucked!!

They did get them fixed immediatley though, I dropped them off this morning and they were done by 3pm, and this place always takes at least 2 weeks to get anything done. Now if it would only stop raining so I can get them on the car.
Old 04-25-03, 09:53 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that sucked... But atleast now your good to go.. Make sure you post those pics....
Old 04-26-03, 12:05 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who did the assembly / dissassembly for you?

...and maybe you so sick of these rims now you want to sell to me after you have had them repaired?
Old 04-26-03, 09:09 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Manuel, I actually thought about selling them after not seeing them for a couple of months(out of sight out of mind), but now that they are in brand new condition again, new tires and all, I think they gotta stay for at least one season.

I will have pics up tomorrow.
Old 04-28-03, 05:26 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

I hate incompetence.

What is the deal with CL?

This is turning into the "no-fun" forum.

How many people have never heard or read a bad word or seen a scantily clad woman?

R
Old 04-28-03, 08:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally posted by AgGS400
What is the deal with CL?

This is turning into the "no-fun" forum.

How many people have never heard or read a bad word or seen a scantily clad woman?
Maybe it's time to stop turning every thread into your own rant against CL?
Old 04-28-03, 09:31 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I dont know about a no fun forum, that might be going a little too far, but it does seem to be a little too moderated at times. I personally didnt see a problem with my choice of language in this thread, obviously since I posted it. If my language was directed towards a member directly, that would be one thing, but just venting on a subject with choice words is another. .

But hey, its not my forum, so I geuss I gotta play by the rules!
Old 04-29-03, 04:03 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
so I geuss I gotta play by the rules!
We all do.....
But I don't know if you guys noticed but the nuse has gotten alittle looser than they were a few months ago...

Last edited by MrSypher; 04-29-03 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-29-03, 09:26 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I dont think I have been around long enough to notice the trends. I came from Supraforums before this(I had a couple of TT Supras), and it was pretty much anything goes on there, so I geuss its just taking some getting used to as far as the rules go here. No big deal though, I geuss as a grown man I can manage to communicate without explicit language.

They didnt have to call me out in public though, a PM would have been nice.
Old 04-29-03, 09:34 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I hear you.. They usually do though...

Quick Reply: I cant believe this stuff!!!