Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
View Poll Results: best place to find good priced tires?
tirerack?
48.89%
e-bay?
2.22%
local tire store?
42.78%
other online site(s)?
6.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

where do you buy your tires?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-03, 09:40 PM
Phu
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call brandon at the tire rack. Just purchased new a set of yokohama's from him. He was very nice and informative. I would highly recommend him.
Old 07-15-03, 12:11 PM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

Originally posted by steviej
I considered TireRack due simply to their reputation.

However, I bought rims and tires at a specialty tire shop near me. It was the lifetime free balancing, every 5k miles free rotation, and free wheel alignment (one time only with mounting of different size wheel/tire combo) that kept me local.

I will be removing the enkei/toyo combo around October and will be looking for a new set of all round tires that will go on the stock rims that I have and should be good in snow/rain. I will consider TireRack again, but the tires will have to be mounted and balanced and the car will have to be realigned. Unfortuneately those things aren't mailorder and the cost would offset the decent savings from TireRack.

steviej

Town fair tires offers free mounting, balancing, front wheel alignment (2+ tire purchase) and free 5k rotation. Can't beat Town Fair tire!
Old 07-18-03, 02:49 PM
LexFather

Tire Rack, period.

Last edited by LexFather; 07-22-03 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-26-07, 10:01 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I get all of mine either below cost or free depending on how happy our Bridgestone / Michelin rep is that day...

As far as if I were to buy tires... I like the local service... Tire Rack is hard to beat - I order stuff through them all the time to resell for work (we get an even better discount through them that way), and there service is great...

When it comes down to it though, I don't see how local shops can't compete with their prices - by the time shipping is paid, and mounting and balancing (and we do a free alignment with tire purchase), we usually have a better deal for the customer and 95% of the time, we have the tires here...

both ways work, the only downside to tirerack is that they can't mount the tires for you unless you buy wheels too...
Old 06-13-07, 06:48 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tire rack since 92 when I lived in HI and had an Integra. two to four sets per year.
Old 06-14-07, 07:53 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get my tires from AMERICA'S TIRE CO. Ive been working there for about a year and a half now. I get my tires at cost. I can also guarantee that no one can beat my prices on just about any tire from any over company you can think of. Tire Rack and America's Tire Co. are very good friends.
Old 06-14-07, 08:03 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
I get my tires from AMERICA'S TIRE CO. Ive been working there for about a year and a half now. I get my tires at cost. I can also guarantee that no one can beat my prices on just about any tire from any over company you can think of. Tire Rack and America's Tire Co. are very good friends.
I used to be senior assistant at Discount in Texas... what region are you in?
Old 06-15-07, 11:38 PM
RCThrine
Pole Position

i get my tires from a rim shop down the street, id go with Tirerack but I get Federal's for Super cheap stretched over x9.5
Old 06-16-07, 05:42 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by RCThrine
i get my tires from a rim shop down the street, id go with Tirerack but I get Federal's for Super cheap stretched over x9.5
you know there is a reason you get them super cheap right?
Old 06-16-07, 01:10 PM
Tranman

...i usually end up trying to find a local tire place match Tirerack's prices... either that or order through Discount Tire (since they don't carry the brand/model tire i"m looking for sometimes).
Old 06-16-07, 04:35 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I bought from Discount tires and Tirerack before. Both have been great to me. Discount tires usually end up being cheaper because of no tax and free shipping, but the service from Tirerack cannot be beat!

Tire Rack is the Lexus of customer service in the tire business.
Old 06-16-07, 04:37 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Unfortunately, in Mexico you have to get them local. If I ordered them though Tire Rack, Mexican customs would tax heavily (and in some cases, steal) the tires.
Old 06-16-07, 06:30 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Unfortunately, in Mexico you have to get them local. If I ordered them though Tire Rack, Mexican customs would tax heavily (and in some cases, steal) the tires.
when I was in South Texas, I would get customers from Mexico in to buy tires ALL THE TIME...
Old 06-20-07, 07:50 AM
skhatri
Driver School Candidate

is there a club lexus referral code for a discount for tirerack.com
Old 06-20-07, 09:31 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No discount. I will try and get you the best shipping rate if you call me or order through this site. But otherwise we sponsor too many forums to offer a discount. We just try and have the lowest price right off the bat.

Last edited by Brandon@TR; 06-20-07 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Reply: where do you buy your tires?