Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

A new dawn has come...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-03 | 09:43 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 100000

Nice clean setup. I think I liked your HRE setup better, I like the look of the hardware.
Old 06-08-03 | 09:49 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Unbelievable as usual Manaray! Congratulations.
Old 06-08-03 | 03:31 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

that looks great! i want to take my car out on the tracks too! who's sc is that...yours?
Old 06-08-03 | 03:56 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Very nice
/Fredric
Old 06-08-03 | 04:34 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Clean and simple! I did not know you could get such a nice lip on the 2pc versions. What size is the front 20x8 or 8.5?
Old 06-08-03 | 05:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Looks great, but I preferred the HRE's. Your car just went from aggressive looking to BAD ***.
Old 06-08-03 | 06:28 PM
ATLgs4
Driver

those DO look badass. its kinda ironic though, condidering your sig quote, that you replaced HRE's with Iforged. from other owners of iforged, it seems that they have a history of quality issues. They say "well, its not a perfect wheel, but for the price, its acceptable" hope yours do well though as i know you take care of your car and wheels
Old 06-08-03 | 08:00 PM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Looks awesome, Manaray! Love the clean look of the 2pc. wheel and that rear lip is PHAT! BTW, how deep is the rear lip?
Old 06-08-03 | 10:10 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

hmmm, I liked the HRE's better.I would have liked to have seen it with that drop with the HRE's.Nice wheels none the less.
Old 06-08-03 | 10:19 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
hmmm, I liked the HRE's better.I would have liked to have seen it with that drop with the HRE's.Nice wheels none the less.

agreed. Why the change over from HRE to IForged?
Old 06-08-03 | 11:21 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

Still waiting for pics of the SC...

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 11-30-04 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-09-03 | 01:26 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the compliments guys...ok, let me answer some questions...

1) I haven't measured the rear lip but I believe it's 3"+

2) NO FENDER MODS

3) 20x8.5 and 20x10

4) My old HRE's were sold to a friend of mine

5) On the SC400, I'm just waiting for my wheels. I still have a few other small things to be done but the wheels are the last major portion of the project.

6) The Gold SC behind me on the track is Lex400SC's

7) 2-Piece wheels can actually offer MORE lip than a 3-piece. The issue with 3-piece is that the lip sizes are fixed 2", 2.5", 3", 3.5", etc...so if your car can support a 3" but not a 3.5", you're stuck with getting a 3" lip...but with a 2-piece, you can have a 3.35" lip if your car can support it. I also prefer the clean, no bolt look of the 2-piece...

8) My sig refers to people that make stuff cheaper in quality (knock-offs) amd buying a price alone. If was buying a price alone, I'd buy some crap from Zenetti, Axis, G-racing, etc., etc...One thing some of you may not be familiar with is something called a MARGIN. The centers are from the same forging companies, the CNC machines they use are the same, the level of experience is the same...think about it...

9) Why the change over? I wanted a company that was more supportive of the Lexus market. A company that actually wanted Lexus owners as customers. I like to support companies that support us. I can assure you that the lack of money wasn't the issue. It was about doing the right thing and HRE didn't do the right thing IMO. There's a reason why I don't own a Rolex Daytona either and it's not because I can't afford it.

10) I don't buy anything but the real deal. These are the real deal. High quality forged wheels.

11) Some of the photos of my GS (when it had the older wheels on it) were photochopped with the same amount of lowering. So that IS what it looked like with my older wheels. What you're seeing is the fact that the older step lip didn't make the wheels look as large...they looked more like 19's than 20's. I have not changed the lowering on the front at all. It's the same it's always been. Also, the tires are 275's on a 10" wheel which sits differently then a 275 on a 9.5" wheel (which is what my old rear wheel was). That too may be a contributing factor...

12) HRE used to be one of the few companies that offered high quality forged wheels in 19's and 20's but they're not the only player in the game anymore. iForged and Kinesis are offer more options (Kinesis is going into production with their new 19's and they've talked about doing 20's). As for quality, do you guys honestly think I would skimp on that? The quality of the finish alone is better than what I had on my HRE's. I'm all about finding the best quality at the best price. iForged has delivered that IMO and they've delivered it with more choices to boot.

If you have any more questions regarding my old wheels and why and whatnot (that wasn't answered here), email me instead....

I will be posting some better photos once I get around to taking them (it takes quiet a bit of setup and planning for a good photo shoot)....

As for the SC, I will post up the pictures and the website once it's complete...patiences folks, patiences. You shouldn't rush your projects. It's been over a year since I started working on my SC400...I want it done more than anyone else...do you know what it's like to have a bad *** brake kit just sitting on the floor instead of being on my car?!

Last edited by Manaray; 06-09-03 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-09-03 | 02:24 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Absolutely awesome!!! I love the details especially - the clear coating etc. !!!!

We need to see more pics please! Some pics in motion would be nice too man.
Old 06-09-03 | 02:55 AM
legendary
Racer

Thank you Mike, and I again appreciate you giving me all of the input on the Iforged before. Its funny how it seems like more folks are getting them. But as Manaray said before, the quality is up there...acutally, they have stepped it up, and for it to rival HRE tells you something. With that being said, I look forward to getting my IForged Senekas this summer. It is good that they support the family...that is something I always tell folks....support those who support us. Make use of the tirerack link if you can as well....lets keep our networks on the up and up.
Old 06-09-03 | 03:05 AM
TLEX
Lead Lap

Looks great!! I think I have a new favorite wheel. These wheels sort of resembles the Work Equips, which are my favorite.

Quick Reply: A new dawn has come...