Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

A new dawn has come...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 04:49 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No fender mods?
Do you have rubbing at the rear?
Old 06-09-03, 07:15 AM
Two-Times
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the wheels, Manaray... Very Classy....They resemble the Breyton Imagine. Pimpin' aint Dead!!!! and it will never die!!!! hahahhahahahaha!!!!!
Old 06-09-03, 08:23 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally posted by Manaray
9) Why the change over? I wanted a company that was more supportive of the Lexus market. A company that actually wanted Lexus owners as customers. I like to support companies that support us. I can assure you that the lack of money wasn't the issue. It was about doing the right thing and HRE didn't do the right thing IMO. There's a reason why I don't own a Rolex Daytona either and it's not because I can't afford it.
Not sure how you can say HRE doesn't support the Lexus market. They've had a couple of people post on this site and are willing to answer any questions. If, on the other hand, you mean they weren't willing to give you a hot deal on HREs to support you and you promoting them, then that's a different story.

12) HRE used to be one of the few companies that offered high quality forged wheels in 19's and 20's but they're not the only player in the game anymore. iForged and Kinesis are offer more options (Kinesis is going into production with their new 19's and they've talked about doing 20's). As for quality, do you guys honestly think I would skimp on that? The quality of the finish alone is better than what I had on my HRE's. I'm all about finding the best quality at the best price. iForged has delivered that IMO and they've delivered it with more choices to boot.
Gotta challenge you on that too. How can you say the finish is 'better' than your HRE's? How do you quantify that? The finish on my HREs is PERFECT. I don't see how it could be any better.

I'm not criticizing iForged either. Your wheels look terrific.

I just don't think this is a zero sum, one or the other, situation.
Old 06-09-03, 08:44 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

All I can say is Daaaayumn!!! C/O of silveraltezza.
Attached Thumbnails A new dawn has come...-manny1.jpg  
Old 06-09-03, 10:00 AM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Manaray, that setup looks great. It looks even better in-person.

Some lip action..

Thanks to Manaray for not beating me for touching his wheels.
Old 06-09-03, 10:01 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bit - Like I said, if you want details, email me.

Richie - nope...no rubbing, no fender mods.

Hameed - I will post some "motion" picts soon...my buddy has them in his camera
Old 06-09-03, 10:02 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LS400
Manaray, that setup looks great. It looks even better in-person.

Thanks to Manaray for not beating me for touching his wheels.
That's only because you promised to bring midget strippers next time....don't flake.
Old 06-09-03, 10:10 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Manaray
That's only because you promised to bring midget strippers next time....don't flake.
LOL Mike, you're weird !!
Can't wait to see the setup in person.
Old 06-09-03, 02:31 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Manaray,

I am just curious about the lug nuts.They seem to stick out a little too far.Am I just being too critical here?
Old 06-09-03, 02:41 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I too after seeing some pics of there wheels and hearing there stories have jumped on th iforged express. They seem to have good wheels resonable price and good customer service. I am waiting on a set of 20x8.5 and 20x10 Polished Senekas. The only downside i hear about the company is the wait to get the wheels but ha atleast you dont pay the full price upfront. I figure I got till August 5 to show you guys pics.
Old 06-09-03, 02:55 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The reason for the lug nuts is because of how low the rear disk is...my older wheels didn't do that because of the design of the center and the disk setting. I did a very deep disk on the rears. To give you a hint on how low, my older wheels had like 1/2" of clearance to the rear caliper...my new ones only have about 2 to 3 MM of clearance! Had I done a shallower lip (higher disk), I could have encased the lugnuts in the center but I wanted more lip...also, my rear wheel is ligher than the older rear wheel cuz a lot of the weight of the wheel is concentrated in the center (where it has the most mass)....

Gamma - The recently popularity of their wheels has cause a crazy surge of sales for them...plus they were backlogged because of the new finishers (they changed finishers when I was working with them on my wheels). Don't worry, you'll get your wheels and I'm sure you'll be happy with them. I'm just waiting for my second set of wheels (for the SC).
Old 06-09-03, 03:03 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

gotcha, yeah I would rather have more lip at the price of having my lugs stick out a bit more.Do you know the weight of these wheels?
Old 06-09-03, 04:20 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Manaray,

I like the new look. I would normally prefer a rim with less open space, but those brakes take care of that. Also, your car is low enough so that you don't see right through the bottom of the rims to the other side of the car -- normally an odd look with that style of rim and not enough lowering <--- like you'd ever let that happen.
Old 06-09-03, 04:39 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by ATLgs4
those DO look badass. its kinda ironic though, condidering your sig quote, that you replaced HRE's with Iforged. from other owners of iforged, it seems that they have a history of quality issues. They say "well, its not a perfect wheel, but for the price, its acceptable" hope yours do well though as i know you take care of your car and wheels
The way I see it, iForged is kinda like the wheel version of Lexus in 1989. Remember when a new car company came on the scene that was less expensive and not as well proven as other marques (M/B, BMW), but claimed to have equal or better quality? Remember the FIRESALE numbers that Lexus sold during the first 3-4 years with all the M/B, BMW guys trading their cars in? M/B and BMW did not catch back up until the mid 90s!!!

Iforged is to HRE what Lexus was to M/B! As far as quality goes I find it hard to believe that 1200 bucks per wheel (for the 3pc versions) gets you something cheap. I also think the experience of having a company TAILOR make your wheels to your exact drop, brake, etc specs is priceless. Would you rather wear a off the rack Versace, or a tailor made new name made from the same material?

The pricing for the 2pc versions is not listed on the site, but if I could afford it, I would LOVE to have those wheels on my car! (just give me a 9" up front and low disk for maximum lip action!)
Old 06-09-03, 05:05 PM
ATLgs4
Driver

Originally posted by DGOT20s
The way I see it, iForged is kinda like the wheel version of Lexus in 1989. Remember when a new car company came on the scene that was less expensive and not as well proven as other marques (M/B, BMW), but claimed to have equal or better quality? Remember the FIRESALE numbers that Lexus sold during the first 3-4 years with all the M/B, BMW guys trading their cars in? M/B and BMW did not catch back up until the mid 90s!!!

Iforged is to HRE what Lexus was to M/B! As far as quality goes I find it hard to believe that 1200 bucks per wheel (for the 3pc versions) gets you something cheap. I also think the experience of having a company TAILOR make your wheels to your exact drop, brake, etc specs is priceless. Would you rather wear a off the rack Versace, or a tailor made new name made from the same material?

The pricing for the 2pc versions is not listed on the site, but if I could afford it, I would LOVE to have those wheels on my car! (just give me a 9" up front and low disk for maximum lip action!)
i understand what you are saying, but in 1989, i dont remember people talking about the poor quality of lexus products. you didnt hear "lexus has flaws in their craftsmanship, but for the price, i can live with it". lexus set the standard of quality when they appeared on the scene in 1989. like manaray said, they have changed their partnership as far as the finishing of their wheels. wonder why??? i hope everything is well with them now. im not bashing iforged for i have never owned a set of their rims. im just letting it be know that their history as a wheel company is not the best. go to some other forums and do a search for iforged (audiworld, e46fanatics, my350z, etc). you dont hear as many negative things about other "high end" companies. btw, iforged used to go by a differnt name a couple of years ago . it just makes me wonder. even wheelexperts has dropped them.

just one example http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=iforged

Last edited by ATLgs4; 06-09-03 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: A new dawn has come...