Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

A new dawn has come...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-03 | 05:05 PM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Awesome wallpaper!
Old 06-10-03 | 05:25 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by shaneheber
Seems to me that when one of us buys new rims that somebody has to have a comment on why did we buy that brand.
I think that is a very reasonable question. Why wouldn't it be? Its like asking, 'Why did you choose a mesh wheel and not a 5 spoke?'

Why go so defensive? I think everyonce can make up their own minds.

HRE are nice wheels, just IMHO there just too dam expensive, too much of a mark up....
Who pays retail?

IS it becouse our rims look better than yours
]

Opinions are like.......well, you know.

Its like the way i see it, if there are (2) brand new LEXUS GS300 all the same options, nothing wrong with either cars, but one sells for 40,000 and the other sells for 35,000. WHICH one would you buy.
WELL I HOPE THAT ASWERS THE QUESTION BETWEEN IFORGED AND HRE...............
Faulty analogy. Nobody in their right mind would pay more for the exact same product. Are these the exact same products? I don't think so. Are they comparable? Sure.

I do however agree with your exclamation of we should all be positive about more Lexus owners donning higher end modifications - it makes us all look good.

One thing I DON'T want to and WILL NOT allow to happen here is for there to be two camps, and two camps only regarding wheels.

Let's not get inot a pizzing contest over wheels, OK?

Old 06-10-03 | 07:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i agree with dex, whatever floats your boat. you like it that's good, you don't like it that's fine, but not flame or anything here. i have heard plenty of good and bad stories about iforged and hre too. i don't want to go into details coz' i know it will just end up in flame wars and unnecessary conflicts. i believe what i have read and make my decisions from that. all i can say is, read more and research more, and get what you think is right

and dex, you are darn right, who the hell would pay retails for hre? you gotta be kidding me
Old 06-10-03 | 08:24 PM
shaneheber
Driver

Sorry to to offend anybody DEX, you are right it just gets me fired up with everybody give you a hard time becouse you decided to up grade your car. Its like if you dont get what they like, they will flame you.........

Your right IFORGED and HRE are not alike. But both are similar in looks. I like both wheels and have nothing bad to say about neither. It just got me mad when i read in the first page, when somebody was flaming MIKE about the choise he made buying his wheels. Saying IFORGED are HRE nock offs......WHO CARES......And if they did more reasearch on both wheels they would se there are different.........

But anyway everybody has opinions, at lease we all drive LEXUS here.........
Old 06-11-03 | 08:13 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

So Manaray finally tells me to check out the car, has a little something new he would like me to see,thanks for the notice

Wow, car looks amazing, even better than before...................and you guys thought he was done............

IForged on my SC3 or Supra..........hmmmm...............

Manaray, slightly ahead of our time ( borrowed from an old commercial some of you might remember)
Old 06-11-03 | 08:34 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray,

You have one of the best looking cars i have seen, with HRE or the IForged it still looks awesome.

Thanks for the wallpaper.
Old 06-13-03 | 05:25 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks again for the compliments folks...glad you guys like the wallpaper...

Looks like it doesn't size down to 1280x1024 too well (the ratio of the 1600x1200 is 4:3 whereas 1280x1024 is 5:4) so if someone needs it correctly, let me know and I'll make one the right size....right now, it will smush it left to right if you do any resolution that has a different aspect ratio from 1600x1200 (4:3)...1024/768 and 800x600 are also 4:3 so it will scale down fine on those resolutions...

Steve - Why not both? Some 19's on your Supra and some 20's on your SC? Both with lotsa lips...

Rominl - You're right, no pays retail...for EITHER...
Old 06-13-03 | 12:49 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Wow....nice wheels. I was actually looking at iForged wheels at a local dealer's shop, but didnt know if they were quality stuff.
Old 06-15-03 | 05:27 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Hey manaray....

Perhaps you should fix your post title to read:

A new damn HAS come.... (BTW...i'm not seeing it...)

When taken into consideration in a specified relation or form: this definition as distinguished from the second one.

Has = 3d pers. sing. pres. of Have.
v. had, (hd) hav·ing, has (hz)
v. tr.

To be in possession of: already had a car.
To possess as a characteristic, quality, or function: has a beard; had a great deal of energy.
To possess or contain as a constituent part: a car that has air bags.
To occupy a particular relation to: had many disciples.
To possess knowledge of or facility in: has very little Spanish.
To hold in the mind; entertain: had doubts about their loyalty.
To use or exhibit in action: have compassion.

To come into possession of; acquire: Not one copy of the book was to be had in the entire town.
To receive; get: I had a letter from my cousin.
To accept; take: I'll have the peas instead of the spinach.

To suffer from: have defective vision.
To be subject to the experience of: had a difficult time last winter.

To cause to do something, as by persuasion or compulsion: had my assistant run the errand.
To cause to be in a specified place or state: had the guests in the dining room; had everyone fascinated.
To permit; allow: I won't have that kind of behavior in my house.
To carry on, perform, or execute: have an argument.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"As" for the wheels, I agree that the HRE's looked much better. The finish on these looktoo bland to me. I am not saying get them chromed, but at least the lips can be polished a little more.
Manaray, you're the role model of how things should be done....don't disappoint me now!

BTW...how's that brake kit project coming...those wheels don't hide the rust on your rotors....

You have taught me lots of things...you're like the american idol of CL when it comes to do things correctly....don't make me change my mind...

Last edited by LS4fun; 06-15-03 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-15-03 | 05:51 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by GS4fun
Hey manaray....

When taken into consideration in a specified relation or form: this definition as distinguished from the second one.

Has = 3d pers. sing. pres. of Have.
v. had, (hd) hav·ing, has (hz)
v. tr.

To be in possession of: already had a car.
To possess as a characteristic, quality, or function: has a beard; had a great deal of energy.
To possess or contain as a constituent part: a car that has air bags.
To occupy a particular relation to: had many disciples.
To possess knowledge of or facility in: has very little Spanish.
To hold in the mind; entertain: had doubts about their loyalty.
To use or exhibit in action: have compassion.

To come into possession of; acquire: Not one copy of the book was to be had in the entire town.
To receive; get: I had a letter from my cousin.
To accept; take: I'll have the peas instead of the spinach.

To suffer from: have defective vision.
To be subject to the experience of: had a difficult time last winter.

To cause to do something, as by persuasion or compulsion: had my assistant run the errand.
To cause to be in a specified place or state: had the guests in the dining room; had everyone fascinated.
To permit; allow: I won't have that kind of behavior in my house.
To carry on, perform, or execute: have an argument.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"As" for the wheels, I agree that the HRE's looked much better. The finish on these looktoo bland to me. I am not saying get them chromed, but at least the lips can be polished a little more.
Manaray, you're the role model of how things should be done....don't disappoint me now!

BTW...how's that brake kit project coming...those wheels don't hide the rust on your rotors....

You have taught me lots of things...you're like the american idol of CL when it comes to do things correctly....don't make me change my mind...

R.I.P.
Old 06-16-03 | 12:29 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GS4fun
Hey manaray....

[quote]

Yeah, a simple typo...kinda like "damn"...it's "DAWN" as in....
Main Entry 1: dawn
Pronunciation: 'don, 'dän
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, probably back-formation from dawning daybreak, alteration of dawing, from Old English dagung, from dagian
Date: 15th century
1 : to begin to grow light as the sun rises
2 : to begin to appear or develop
3 : to begin to be perceived or understood <the truth finally dawned on us>

Main Entry 2: dawn
Function: noun
Date: 1599
1 : the first appearance of light in the morning followed by sunrise
2 : BEGINNING <the dawn of the space age>

Typos happen...

Originally posted by GS4fun
The finish on these looktoo bland to me. I am not saying get them chromed, but at least the lips can be polished a little more.

The finish on the iForged is the same as before. Brushed centers, high polished lip (inside and out), and full clearcoat. My HRE's did not have polished inside lip and the inside lip wasn't clearcoated either. So these are bland as my HRE's then...as for having a higher polished lip, well it's as shiny as my previous wheels and I even considered doing brushed lips. As you well know, I'm not into "Icy Hot Stunaz" and their "Lords of Bling" type crap...

As for the rust on the rear rotor, well I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with my entire brake system. I've been contemplating doing a full four coner brake setup which is why I haven't been in a hurry to get new cad plated rear rotors. I'm not going to spend my time or money until I know exactly what my plan of action is. I might just do some new rear rotors and some caliper paint or I might have a 4-piston brake system back there...not sure yet...

As for the brake kit project, if you're talking about the Wilwood project, I pulled out of that project a while ago. Corners were being cut and I wasn't down with that. Plus the vendor turned a little shady. I won't back a product I don't believe in.
Old 06-16-03 | 04:12 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Manaray
The finish on the iForged is the same as before. Brushed centers, high polished lip (inside and out), and full clearcoat. My HRE's did not have polished inside lip and the inside lip wasn't clearcoated either. So these are bland as my HRE's then...as for having a higher polished lip, well it's as shiny as my previous wheels and I even considered doing brushed lips. As you well know, I'm not into "Icy Hot Stunaz" and their "Lords of Bling" type crap...

As for the rust on the rear rotor, well I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with my entire brake system. I've been contemplating doing a full four coner brake setup which is why I haven't been in a hurry to get new cad plated rear rotors. I'm not going to spend my time or money until I know exactly what my plan of action is. I might just do some new rear rotors and some caliper paint or I might have a 4-piston brake system back there...not sure yet...

As for the brake kit project, if you're talking about the Wilwood project, I pulled out of that project a while ago. Corners were being cut and I wasn't down with that. Plus the vendor turned a little shady. I won't back a product I don't believe in.
DAMN (or in Chinese DAWN ...j/k!) ..I thought I got you!!!! ...i'll let you off the hook this time around...
Old 06-18-03 | 11:52 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

why you tryin' to get me??

Last edited by Manaray; 06-18-03 at 11:54 PM.