Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Cheap source for Konigs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 05:44 AM
Hi-psi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap source for Konigs?

Anyone know of a cheap source for Konig wheels?
Old 06-10-03, 04:05 PM
sc400atl
Driver School Candidate

the most reasonable place for konig wheels is kauffman tire in metro atlanta area. i believe this month, they have $100 off any wheel and tire package. if the store tells you no way, then go to their website and you will see a $100 coupon. also, discount tire sells konig in the metro atlanta area, or you can go to their website at tires.com and they will ship for free. also kauffman tires internet tire and wheel mail order company is treadepot.com and they are located in the metro atlanta area. i found this out by calling treadepot and i happened to ask whom where they owned by.i had looked at the konig imagine in 18 x 8.5 with 245-40-18 kumho's and they were $1,550 for tires and wheels. i changed my mind about them due to quite a few comments from this board on konig wheels. i think they look very good. you may want to do a post and see whom may have konig wheels on their lexus. if you are like myself, i can not afford to spend the kind of money that some lexus owners do based on i have 3 autos and it is a chore keeping this many autos up to par. i have a 1996 sc400. i hope this helps. i did see a picture of the imagine wheel on a sc300 and it looked very nice. you may also check out their new wheel called "drone".
Old 06-10-03, 04:23 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi-psi,

as Sc400AATL pointed out Konig's don't exactly have agreat following here...many guys will shy away from "knock-off" wheel manufacturers. I've only seen them sold at discount tire or locally (up my way) at a few of the "ricier" auto parts shops. If you are interested in 17's I have a set of O-Z Racing wheels for sale...let me know.
Old 06-10-03, 04:41 PM
Hi-psi
Driver

It's actually the Konig Imagine's that I'm interested in, in 18" Opal finish.

Johnny Mo,

Thanks but no thanks. I'm looking for 17's or 19's.
Old 06-10-03, 05:07 PM
Hi-psi
Driver

Searched and read on the Konig complaints.

Seemed like a lot of people downing them but no real proof / examples. I'm not trying to be hard headed, but here's what I'm dealing with. I'm putting a set of wheels/tires on the SC. I like the Konig Imagines or similar style. I DO NOT want chrome wheels. I want a wheel with a polished lip. I want to stagger the wheel and tire sizes front to rear. I want 18's or 19's. And I will not spend over $2000 wheels & tires.

Got a problem with Konigs? Show me some wheels that meet the above requirements.
Old 06-10-03, 11:04 PM
sc400atl
Driver School Candidate

a wheel that you maybe interested in is the fondmetal 9x wheel. go to tires.com for this wheel. for 19 x 8 with good tires you will be looking at i think $1,900 max or maybe a little cheaper. i come to find out that fondmetal wheels (fondmetal.com) owns radius,and moda wheels (same wheel). if you believe moda is a good wheel, and i think alot of lexus owners believe this, then you should look at this wheel. i was looking at the 9x wheel due to it has a stainless steel polished lip i think about 2.5 inches for 19 inch. i went to the fondmetal site and low and behold they show that they own radius wheels. they are called radius wheels in europe, and moda here in the united states. i think they carry this wheel in 19 x 9 also, so that you may have a staggered setup. why not 18"? they carry 18 x 8 and 18 x 9. you can get this setup for about $1,600 out the door with shipping at tires.com (discount tire). all shipping is free even with tires only. the wheel is a five spoke highly polished stainless steel lip. good luck. post pictures with anything you get.

i have similiar feelings as you do. why spend a ton of money on an 8 year old auto. if i had a newer lexus, then i would probably spend more, or if this was the only vehicle i had. but, i have a 98 jaguar xj8l, and a 2000 nissan maxima se, along with the 96 sc400.and i agree with you, that if someone can come up with some facts on konigs, then get what you want............unless someone on the board wants to help you pay for them.......i didn't think they would.