Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Iforged evolution

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-03, 03:02 PM
CIPHER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Easy Tiger

Wow Manny,
You sure are hatin' on HRE these days bro'! They're both great wheels in my opinion
Old 06-24-03, 09:52 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not hatin', just settin' some people straight...some people are of the belief that HRE invented every design they offer. Mesh, spoke, split spoke, etc., etc. all have been around for ages folks...both are great wheels, I agree, other people just need to stop hatin'...
Old 06-25-03, 04:56 AM
CIPHER
Driver

I think that in a way you may have contributed to that 'false belief' my man. I say this because for years whenever someone posted that they were in the market for wheels and asked the forum's opinion on brands, you were always the first to put HRE's on that imaginary pedestal bro. If someone said they wanted brand X, you would say stuff like "I'd rather spend the extra money and get a nice set of HRE's because you get what you pay for". Now I'm not saying that you Only recommended HRE because in fact you mentioned others like wedz, work, autocouture, etc..., but it always seemed like HRE was your favorite. Understand this, whether you realize it or not, alot of people on this site take your recommendations into serious consideration(both yours and GS4WILL) even though everyone should do their own research. We all know that you guys are heavy into the wheel market, so once you stopped repping HRE and started repping Iforged it just seems like you ain't got love for HRE anymore. Anyway, like I said before, you can't go wrong w/either wheel. PEACE
Old 06-26-03, 01:54 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, I contributed to the belief that they make some of the best wheels available which I still believe in. I never said they had groundbreaking designs. They have nice, straightfoward, clean designs. The deal is that HRE used to be the only one in the business to offer forged 20" wheels. Kinesis and Fikse only had 18" wheels....This is why HRE was my favorite. They offered custom offsets, finishes, and sizes in a Forged wheel....but then someone got the crazy idea of offering the same quality wheels with MORE options and the same amount of customizability but at a lower price (less margin). Anyone that knows me knows that I buy based on quality and if you can save money, all the better.

I ain't got no love for HRE anymore for a few reasons (email me if you're interested in knowing). They still make excellent wheels but iForged is shaking up the market...and that is good for us, the consumers!
Old 06-26-03, 05:30 AM
CIPHER
Driver

Cool

I hear ya' man!