Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

New shoes!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 07:19 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New shoes!

Well some of you may have heard about my situation with 93aristo how I got scammed out of $2000, so with that in mind I had a tight budget. I went to see my friend who owns a speed shopa nd he had some Katana Spazios 20" chome wheels. I know they are knockoffs but they look great and for now the price was right. I will post pics tomm but for now I am happy until I get back on my feet
Old 07-18-03, 11:00 AM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, i seen those in the store before. We all know they are knockoffs of the popular LD-1. There are so many copies of these.

They look good. I'm not sure what all the differences are.....

-The real deal and the fakes are cast
-the weight may be higher on the fakes (those are heavy!)
-sometimes the chrome isn't that great on knock offs.
-all rims can bend. I know you live in Mass too and it's very possible that you will bend a few wheels. At least it's not 1200 a wheel!

What else is different when you buy knock offs? Quality i guess. Are you building a show car? I wouldn't do this on a show car.

i think spazios are like 250 a wheel. so your paying almost 1000 for quality per wheel. Figure that with how long they will last. It's very common wheels get minor scratchs from rocks on the highway and the clear coat doesnt last. It all comes down to what you can afford and are willing to put on a quality lexus. I think it could be worse. At least you didn't choose an ugly knockoff.

good luck on getting you money back on those other wheels.