Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-03, 12:27 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

AXIS is a good company that makes rims for every budget. If you want a higher end wheel thay will make it for you..they'll make ANYTHING that you want.
If you dont have much money buy the Axis Se7ens, if you have the bucks buy the High end Se7en Mods. for 1500.00 ea......Or shop somewhere inbetween...The choice is yours...you have a choice and thats what really matters.

It's a shame that a company gets crapped on for having 'range' in their product line

I know people there and know what they are capable of doing. They are SMART..simple as that.
They provide the customer what they want at a price they can afford. Or you could always wait for a 'group buy'...... but then you'd have the same stuff as 20 other people.

And for the JDM jockers: Most of the rims arent even made in Japan. They are assembled there. They dont have the best Forging equipment so parts are sent overseas (again) and then returned to them. If I said where these centers are made it would turn a lot of people off from their favorite brands.

I read post like this all the time and thought id add a few inside facts to the thread. you always hear this friend of a friend type comments but never first hand knowlege.

Anyone who doesnt like my post please provide us with the name of a company that has never knocked off a design......dont even bother thinking about it. That company does not exist.

Thank you for your time. ~Emerald
Old 08-26-03, 11:05 AM
dbox
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?

Originally posted by jucee187
Has there been a CL member that had AXIS rims that split in half or something catastrophic like that?

whats so "bad" about axis besides they "copy" designs.?

IFORGED rims are almost carbon copies of HREs (including the price) and no one seems to be doggin them?

I still think AXIS is a good company....or else why would people buy their rims? The owner of axis (james chen..i think) is balling.. he has like 8 or more cars including bentley and ferrari porsche etc. Do you think he would be that successful by selling a crappy product?

Just because we drive a lexus we are supposed to have expensive wheels?

tell me what feels better replacing a bent $1000 RIM or replacing a bent $400 rim?

Not a bad lookin AXIS rim IMO.

most of these boys have a lot more cash than the crowd we are used to.

nothing is wrong with axis wheels, NOTHING. i love the wheel you posted but really want a 20'' wheel, so i'm screwed. i had a friend with HRE'S and they STAYED bent. i'd get a set if i won the lotto but that would be about the only reason i'd buy HRE'S. most of the cheap wheels people are talking about here are far from axis quality and not one person has said...''my axis wheels sucked so now i have a set of $5,000.00 wheels and everything is perfect''. get the axis wheels dude! i posted this same thing on acl.com. i had a set of 19'' se7ens on my tl and had zero problems with them, ZERO.

Last edited by dbox; 08-26-03 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-29-03, 10:02 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks boyz.. i was gonna get the AXIS supermesh regardless of peoples negative comments. and DBOX i agree with ur thoughts on the HREs.. only if i won the lotto.. =)