Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Should I keep the Work LS???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-03, 09:44 PM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Should I keep the Work LS???

Ok, today is the day I have to cut my lost and wash my hands off this bad deal! Back in June this year, I ordered a set of Work LS 19" 9.5 X 10.5 for my GS3 from this guy, Ronald, in Pomona California. Paid him in full, cash!!! $3600.00 plus shipping. After 4 months, yup, four long filled with disappointment months waiting, I come to my senses that this guy Ronald is jerking my ballz. Everytimes I called him, he won't pick up unless I block my number, everytimes I called he pushed back the delivery dates... Blaming the shipping company in JP didn't ship the rims out, rims are still in container on the ship, rims are going to be here in 3 weeks, then 2 weeks, then next thing I know, yup 4 months.

What It comes down to, he didn't order the rims when he took my cash (June 2003), through his other partners, they told me that he never ordered the rims, until last month, when I started calling his *** like mad, so he asked one of his partners who was in JP @ the time, to special order the rims and shipped them back here. Kept calling, and finally tonight, I got him on the phone.... I told Ronald that I want ALL my cash back and the deal is off, simply:

- He didn't order the rims
- He didn't meet the schedule
- He couldn't give me a good reason to stick to this deal

He got an attitude and told me that "Call your cousin to come over tomorrow and I'll give your money back, and I don't want to hear from you again!".... Mind you guys, he still has my money, so I had to be polite and professional to him as much as I could... I replied "Thank you Ronald, I'll ask my cousin to stop by tomorrow" He did offered me to wait for 2 more days until he gets the container out of Long Beach, CA, then he'll ship the rims out... I did not want to deal with this kid any more, so I took the second offer, "Give me back my cash"

I think Manaray has dealed with this kid before!!! He's no good for business, especiallyl VIP styles! His main business is selling used JDM parts and Mugen parts... All ricers stuff! It was my fault to believe that he can get JDM stuff, since I thought he goes over JP all the times, how hard is it to get a set of wheels.... Apparently, it is VERY HARD FOR him.....

So, long story short, ( sorry!) I now am back in the market for rims. Still like the Work LS, but now I can't get them anymore, should I take the rims off the Sig????? I don't think I'll get them, just have to be petient....

Sad

Last edited by chuckisc; 10-08-03 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-08-03, 10:27 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can talk to Steve Ganz, or GS4Will...They can probably get anything for you from JP at a reasonable price...Good luck in your search...

Thats a bad business transaction, your lucky your getting your money back...
Old 10-09-03, 01:16 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I had a same experience like that too..........ordered 20x9/20x10 Zauber Gettin back in January and pay full amount $3100..........still haven't got them!!! Same excuses:Shipping problem, they are at the port just wait for the wheels to past through the custom blah blah blah...........
BTW.............this place I bought it from is in El Monte, CA.........Discount Tire Center by Valley Mall, the service SUCKS

Last edited by ATSOU; 10-09-03 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-09-03, 07:04 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

I'm going to call him up today make sure he gives me cash instead of Check!!!! I come to conclusion that this guy, Ronald, is not trust worthy!!!! He does deal a lot with Honda's stuff, but when it comes to VIP styles equipment, he's NOBODY!!!!

Gosh, how stupid was i? I thought how hard could it be for someone who goes over to JP to order stuff from there???? hahahahah WRONG!!!
Old 10-09-03, 07:08 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
I had a same experience like that too..........ordered 20x9/20x10 Zauber Gettin back in January and pay full amount $3100..........still haven't got them!!! Same excuses:Shipping problem, they are at the port just wait for the wheels to past through the custom blah blah blah...........
BTW.............this place I bought it from is in El Monte, CA.........Discount Tire Center by Valley Mall, the service SUCKS
r u still waiting? why not just ask 4 tye money back and try someone else?

Chuck i think u did the right thing...i hate 2 say this but sometimes we try 2 save some money and go with the lowest quote but i think we should go with who is realible... u might find them a little cheaper than what gs4will quotes but he is as realiable as they come yes i had 2 wait 3 months but they came..and the servc from him was fantastic..answered all my pm's and emails right away..sometimes u need 2 pay a little more 4 someone with a good rep.. espeacially when ordering from another country ...just my opinion, i hope no one gets upset
Old 10-09-03, 09:57 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by chuckisc
Gosh, how stupid was i? I thought how hard could it be for someone who goes over to JP to order stuff from there???? hahahahah WRONG!!!
Not stupid man, you just have to learn from this mistake as mentioned earlier, the thought of saving money has led many down a dark winding path. Go ahead and get your money back and then order your wheels from GS4Will. Saddest part is, in the space of time you waited for your wheels, a CL member thats was local to you, sold his 20" chrome LSs cheap!! That is the part that would burn me up. Hey man, live and learn and dont look back because you cant change it!

Good luck with this situation
Old 10-09-03, 09:47 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that bro..BUT, if you can get all your $$$ back, it would be great..cuz if that price does NOT have tyres, then you are OVERPAYING...
Old 10-09-03, 10:16 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bluelex
r u still waiting? why not just ask 4 tye money back and try someone else?
I did get my money back but there was a very intense argument
Old 10-09-03, 10:18 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4Will
sorry to hear that bro..BUT, if you can get all your $$$ back, it would be great..cuz if that price does NOT have tyres, then you are OVERPAYING...
True Will........$3600 for 19s......wow...........about the same as Wheel Power
Old 10-10-03, 05:31 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

At this point, I'm asking for my money back.... second day! still counting! Yes, the $3600 price tag supposed to come with tires. It's super hard to deal with disappointment!!! And on top of it, the guy is in California and I'm here, in Philly... I keep on calling him until I get my money back! Stay tuned
Old 10-10-03, 06:37 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

well i hope u get u'r refund chuck.
Old 10-10-03, 06:39 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
I did get my money back but there was a very intense argument
glad u got it back...well there should b an intense arguement, how could someone making u wait 8 or more months argue with u..? i don't get it...but again glad it worked out 4 u as far as getting the money returned...i hope Chuck can get his soon...
Old 10-12-03, 07:08 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you really like the wheels, then you should get them from a reputable source. Someone mentioned about Steve and Will...both excellent.
Old 10-24-03, 04:21 PM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Latest News (BAD)

Let's lay this down to you guys in less than one page:

- The Work LS 19" rims with tires are on their way to Philly as we speak
- Ronald Wu (the seller/importer) sent them out this Wednesday
- Off the phone for 2 hours with him
- I will get my rims FINALLY on Monday.

Here is the catch, Ronald turned around and swore that he only received $3000.00 in cash instead of $3675.00 I sent him, which will cover all shipping cost from JP to US, LAX to PHILLY. So after he shipped out the rims, the shipper in Cali called PAULGS430 today (i'm shipping the rims to Paul's shop) and let him know that he will need $506.09 COD and $122.40 Shipping charge before he can receive the RIMS for him. PaulGS430 called me in my office to let me know. AT first I thought, well, maybe that's the cost of shipping and extra weight, so I called the shipping company in LA. Said that the COD is for Ronald Wu, the shipping charge is only $122.00. I was sooooo mad but again, it's only money and I need to talk to Ronald before I do anything.

Called him up @ 8am (Cali's time), my cousin talked to him about the "missing" $675.00 he claimed he never got it, and that my cousin only gave him $3000.00 cash. I couldn't believe he was just lying on the phone with me and my cousin who lives in Cali. Ronald then started calling names, that my cousin is a liar and thief to take my money, that I'm a pain in his you know what for keep calling him about MY PAID FOR RIMS. He insist that he only has $3000.00 from me and I still owed him $500.00 I couldn't tell where he get the idea from where clearly I didn't JUST give him $3000.00.

Long story short, after talking on the phone with Him, I asked PaulGS430 to go ahead and receive the rims when they get here, since I can't trust Ronald who will refund my money back if the rims got sent back to Cali. This guy just robbed me $675.00 from the last payment I sent him, now he will once again ROB me for another $500.00 by sending the rims with C.O.D. He gave me all that he was doing me a favor and that i'm such a pain in his you know what (again). Also told me that don't ever come over to Cali, if I do, he'll make sure i'll go home the same day in a box.

Bottom line here, I was calm since please hear me out guys, he already got my money, i'm "lucky" at this point that he even shipped the rims out to me. That, he just flat out called me a liar and took my money without giving me credit, I don't believe he will give my money back if the rims were returned. I then agreed to take the rims with a condition that he and I will have to split the $500 extra he C.O.D. to me. Deal is set! Again!

It was going ok up to this point, until I told Ronald that he needs to call his shipping company to recall the $500.00 COD instead of $250. HE GOT PISSED and start yelling @ me like he was doing me a favor (again) why do I do this to him? (wondering what 'this' he's talking about). I was once again, calmed myself and present the situation to him that it makes more sense for HIM to call his shipping company and recall, instead of ME giving the shipping company the $500.00 and THEN Ronald will cut me the check back $250.00 when he receives the money from the shipping company. DAMN!!!! How stupid can one gets? I told Ronald, dude, we can't do this, we are almost there, you want me out of your hair, i want my rims, i EVEN give you the extra money which I shouldn't have had to give you NOTHING more. So calm your (#$!#%%$$^@) down and call the shipping company up NOW. Monday is the day!!!!

Keep my finger crossed!

One advice to all: Ronald Wu's company is: AERO DUO SPOILER in El Monte, CA

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM or anyone who promises you will get stuff for you FROM HIM!

I will let you all know when I get the rims (SAD and feel violated!)

OH more like ROBBED and RAPPED

Old 10-24-03, 07:49 PM
hitechgs3t
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about this my little friend....well i waited 4 months too for my quest kit but guess what it won't be here after all...just be glad that the rim is here...take the lost and never deal with ronald ever again...

Last edited by 2001HiTechGs; 10-24-03 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Should I keep the Work LS???